The Edom Community Center is primarily for the use of the residents of the Edom Community; these citizens shall have preference over applicants from outside the Edom area.
The Center shall not be leased for fund raising, commercial use, or for a for profit event, without special permission granted by the Edom City Council.
Reservation requests should be mailed to:
City of Edom, 150 VZCR 4800, Edom, TX 75754
or call 903-852-2311
OLD EDOM SCHOOL COMMUNITY CENTER
POLICIES, RULES AND REGULATIONS
Each person or organization renting the Center agrees to the following rules and regulations:
1. No smoking, open flames (candles), alcohol, or drugs on the premises of the building and park.
2. The City of Edom is not liable for or responsible for and accident, any loss or personal injury to attendees while on the City property.
3. The lessee whose signature appears on the application will be responsible for the activities of the group and for damages to the property.
4. Building and grounds must be vacated by 1 A. M.
5. Set up and clean up time is included in rental time.
6. No cooking unless the $50.00 cooking fee is paid.
7. The Center must be returned to the condition in which it was rented.
8. A $50.00 cleaning fee will be deducted from the deposit if all areas used are not left in good, clean order; including floors, counters, and kitchen
9. All paper goods, including trash bags are to be furnished by
10. All garbage, trash, and left over foods are to be removed.
11. Nothing shall be attached to the building.
12. No utensils, furnishings, or equipment is to be taken from the building.
13. NO PETS ALLOWED IN BUILDING, CERTIFIED SERVICE ANIMALS ONLY.
14. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed on the stage.
Failure to comply with these rules and regulations will result in loss of deposit and possible denial of future reservations.
BE CERTAIN THAT EVERY PERSON WHO IS ENGAGED IN SERVING AND CLEANING IS MADE TO UNDERSTSAND CENTER REGULATIONS
OLD EDOM SCHOOL COMMUNITY CENTER RENTAL FEES
The Center will be leased at the base rate of $100.00 for 5 hours. Which includes setting up and cleaning.
Each additional hour will be charged at the rate of $20.00 per hour.
A $100.00 deposit is required and is refundable upon compliance with clean up rules and regulations. A $50.00 cooking fee is due upon application, if cooking is planned
Non-compliance with the rules and regulations, or failure to return all furnishings and fixtures to the original location will result in the forfeiture of the $100.00 deposit. A $50.00 cleaning fee will be deducted from the deposit if all areas used are not left in good, clean order, including floors, counters, tables, and kitchen area. All trash must be removed from the building.
Upon application, the fees will be due as two checks, the rental fee and the $100.00 deposit. Make checks payable to: City of Edom
Other Contracted rates may include:
Community sponsored clubs & groups meetings
$5.00 per hour with a 2-hour ($10) minimum
Community sponsored clubs and groups shall be exempt from the $100.00 deposit, while remaining responsible for any damages caused.
SPECIAL FEES MAY BE ENACTED BY THE CITY COUNCIL
Use for profit, such as sales or an event that charges admission, requires special permission from the Council, with application made in person at a regular Council Meeting.